Fairies always remind me of soft, green grass and sweet smelling flowers. It's a perfect party theme for spring. So what do you do at this party? We have some ideas for you.
- Create Fairy Houses - My girls love to rescue our old boxes from the recycle bin to use for their fairy houses. They get pushpins, paperclips, scissors and tape out of the drawer and collect a variety of stickers, paper scraps and other odds and ends from the house. Then they go outside to find leaves, twigs and flowers. Sometime later they come back with a homemade fairy house of their own creation, and they locate a perfect place to set them where they can watch for fairies to wander in. Of course you can also find wooden bird houses at a local garden store for your party guests to paint and decorate.
- Design Ribbon Wands - Purchase thin, 16" long wooden dowels from your local craft store. You will also need ribbon in various colors and patterns. You can use fabric or decoration ribbon for this project. Each girl will select the ribbon colors for her wand. Cut the ribbon strips at least 20" long so that they can be tied at the top of the dowel and hang down in a train.
- Face Painting - Enlist some help for this activity. You can your support team can paint flowers, wings and vine designs on the darling faces of your party guests. Make sure there are lots of mirrors around so they can admire themselves afterwards.
- Decorate Flower Pots - Purchase small Terracotta pots for each of your guests. Supply them with paints and paintbrushes, and allow them to design their own flower pots. Leave the pots to dry while you play other games or eat, then come back and plant flowers in the pots.
- Flower Arranging - Purchase a vase for each child and a variety of long stemmed flowers from a local florist. You may also want to have ribbon, tulle and other accessories. Allow each girl to design her own flower arrangement for her vase.
- Nature Treasure Hunt - Give each party guest a list nature items to find at your venue (i.e. A blade of grass, a pine needle, a leaf, a yellow flower, a rock, and a stick.) Make sure they are items that all party guest will be able to find. Once they have retrieved all of the items they can turn them into an adult and receive a prize.
Labels: fairy party, fairy party activity, fairy party ideas