Pink Strawberry Cookies - A Valentines Day Treat



Making treats for the holidays is always a highlight for me.  I tend to go the craziest at Christmas time, but that doesn't stop me from making themed treats for the rest of the holidays.  This year I was looking for something simple, fail-proof and fast, and I decided to make these Pink Strawberry Flavored Valentine Cookies.  The cookies are made from my favorite cake mix cookie recipe that always delivers soft, chewy delicious cookies, and then I added some frosting and decor to spice them up a bit.  They were cute and yummy, and I couldn't keep the kiddos out of them.






Pink Strawberry Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Stir the flour into the cake mix.  Then add the oil and water.  Beat the eggs in one at a time, and continue mixing until all of the ingredients are combined.  Roll the dough into 1" balls and place them on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes until the bottoms are slightly browned.  Remove and let cool.

 Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Cream the butter until smooth.  Then, while mixing, add 1 cup of powdered sugar.  Continue to mix until smooth.  Then add 1 Tbls of milk.  When that is combined repeat with the other cup of sugar and tbls of milk.  Then add 1 tsp Vanilla.  Whip at high speed until frosting is light and fluffy.

Once the cookies are cooled frost them and decorate as desired.

Labels: , , , ,